Irwin Naturals is a successful and growing natural products and supplements company with headquarters in the Playa Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles. Founded in 1994, Irwin Naturals is the leading producer of soft-gel based herbal formulas with products sold in over 90,000 retail outlets and on IrwinNaturals.com.
Over the past several years, the health food industry has grown from a small niche market solicited by a minority of people to a multi-billion-dollar segment accepted by mainstream consumers. As a leader in innovation and research, Irwin Naturals has responded by developing several exclusive lines of products that not only support overall health and well-being but expand the boundaries of this growing health food market. Most recently, plant-derived, full-spectrum hemp extract formulations with naturally occurring CBD have been added to the product offering line up. Products are sold in thousands of retailers across the globe including Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe, Costco, RiteAid, Walmart, CVS, GNC, Sprouts, Fresh Thyme and many others.
Irwin Naturals’ success derives from the work ethic of the company’s employees and the collaborative nature of their workplace. Irwin Naturals take pride in creating an engaging and dynamic work environment, while nurturing the development of team-driven employees who support each other, the company’s partners, and, ultimately, their customers around the world. Additionally, Irwin Naturals is passionate about the health and wellbeing of mothers and children worldwide, which is why they have long supported the efforts of Vitamin Angels by donating each year since 2006.
In 2018, Irwin Naturals was recognized with the following accolades:
- Natural Choice Awards, Runner Up in Supplements-Immune Health category, Whole Foods Magazine
- Fastest Growing Supplement Brand in the US, Nielsen (2018/2017)
- Second Largest Supplement Brand in the US
5310 Beethoven St.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Summary of Job:
We are searching for a thorough and efficient Quality Control Technician who will perform quality inspection functions in support of the Quality department. Primary responsibilities include assisting in inspection and release of finished goods, equipment calibrations, organization and filing of documents, shipping activities, and data entry functions. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
- Perform visual inspection of finished goods against specifications.
- Assist with overall disposition and release of finish products.
- Log receipt of finished goods into QC database.
- Assist in investigation of nonconforming products.
- Assist in reviewing product formulas.
- Review product packaging against specifications.
- Review and organize product certificates of analysis, inspection records and manufacturing documents.
- Validate information and data on test reports and certificates of analysis.
- Assist with inspection and disposition of product returns.
- Collect and maintain finished good retain samples.
- Collect and maintain product reference standards.
- Perform equipment calibrations.
- Generate Certificates of Analysis for finished goods.
- Process product samples for shipping using FedEx shipping system.
- Assemble test result data and summarize information into report format.
- Perform administrative duties; including copying and filing.
- Minimum AA/AS Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Physical Sciences. BA/BS Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Physical Sciences preferred.
- Previous work experience in quality systems and/or laboratory testing.
- Knowledge of quality systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Ability to assimilate information quickly.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task different projects.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Knowledge of dietary supplement cGMPs, 21 CFR part 111 is preferred.
- Superior organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills